Monday, August 13, 2012

You cant make change happen

I have finally come to the realization that you cant make people change. Try as you may, people are who they are. Being your best or doing your best wont stop that. Realizing it hurts, but maybe it is for the better.

All I wanted was for one person to see how great they are. In my mind it was such an easy thing. Just be sweet and give it your all, eventually he will see how good it can be and show that side you fell for. The thing with that is some people don't see it. Their mind is stuck on another path, they have another idea of how things should be. Your job is to not get caught in the storm.

My clothes are wet. Soaking. The storm engulfed me. 

This has happened before, same person same situation. However this time I'm a little different. Don't get me wrong, it hurts. I really thought things would work out, or at least not end like this. But this time I don't need to cry. 

It's hard not to shed tears. It is hard to leave something behind when you really enjoyed it. No one eats just one bite of the cake and walks away satisfied. You want the whole cake. You want to savor every single bite and make it last as long as you can. Of course the cake eventually gets eaten. That is what I couldn't portray. I couldn't make it clear that what was happening was okay, what was going on was not a life sentence but how things could be. 


So now life is moving on. I'm a completely different person than I was even just a few days ago. New roommate, new degree, new job, new relationship status, new life. New is scary. New isn't where I wanted to be. But then again new is what it has to be. 

I wish so badly that I could have shown him what he was worth. Help him understand that some people really do make the difference. And that it wasn't supposed to be scary. 

In the end though you cant make it happen. Eventually there will be someone who likes you for everything you are. They want you to make them little gifts. They aren't embarrassed or quiet about you to their friends and family. They will want to be around you just to see you. They wont know where the future is going, but they will give their present its all. 

Someone wont be scared to jump, even if it isn't the right time and place. Because in the end you don't need a guy. You don't need anyone but yourself, though there is someone out there who will make it seem like you don't have a guy, but instead that little piece of the puzzle which makes your corners connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment